This week’s update includes a trip to Lyon Air Museum with the Jeep for an event and then a photoshoot around Old Town Orange! I continue work on a friend’s Fuel Filter and start work on his Air Cleaner for a full restoration. Finally, a look at a ‘smaller’ Jeep project I’ve continued.
A new flea market find, while not a WW2 Jeep jack, it’s pretty much the same with a slightly different design! I take a look at how it works and the full restoration. I then shift focus to an ongoing Fuel Sender issue. Also, I went to the March Field Museum in Riverside and took a look at the Jeeps there.
It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
Now that the holidays have passed, I have been able to get a start on my next big project which is repairing the original passenger fender! This is part one of what will be several parts during the repair and install. I also found some new history on my Jeep! Plus I started a new side project!
I took the Jeep out to a Pearl Harbor event at the Planes of Fame Air Museum, where I tried a new amp board for my Ammo Crate radio and added some new upgrades. I took a NOS ignition switch for a special project, some new accessories for the Jeep, and more!
Ammo Crate Radio , Display Sign, & Flea Market!
Taking a break from the axle clackity issue this week, I focused on some fun side projects for the Jeep when it’s on display at future events. First, I had an idea for a custom-made Ammo Crate radio that looks like a WW2 soldier field mod! I go through the entire idea to finish product. I also finished my custom-made ammo can Jeep display sign. I also got some fun Jeep items from a local flea market over the weekend!
Axle Saga Continues and a Speedi Sleeve!
This week saw a couple smaller projects with some continuing work on trying to find the mysterious clackity sound from the rear axle with some interesting conclusions. After seeing gear oil slung all over the bottom of the body tub, I decided to speedi sleeve my rear axle yoke to make it brand-new like! Includes a full speedi sleeve tutorial. Finally, I adjust my gas pedal linkage, start construction of a ‘sign’ display, and get the brake drums honed!