It’s been nearly two months’ worth of weekend work, but the whole ordeal with replacing the repro fender with the repaired original GPW fender is complete, including having to deal with a total realignment of the body tub! This update includes a recent update on the Jeep restoration as a whole, and getting an original push/pull switch tag!
Jeep makes the cover of a magazine and F Bolts!
A small update with some new enhancements to the Jeep in the form of replacing a few bolts for F stamped ones. Also, a really exciting announcement about the Jeep!
Windshield weatherseal, NOS Filterette, & more!
Finally, some more work on the Jeep! I finally got around to replacing the over sprayed with paint windshield weather seal, which ended up a bigger task than I thought! I also finally got a NOS Tobe Filterette to replace my home-made mini filterette bypass that I had on the Jeep. That project took several days after some setbacks. During the process, I also fixed the annoying air filter wing screws that always seem to break. And lastly, I got another piece to the First Aid kit!
Bolt Changes, Inspector Stamps, and an F Stamp Guide!
After the very big update last week with the engine head change, this week was quite light. I changed out the last two hex bolts with the correct style recessed head bolts, continued work on finding the perfect way to put an inspector stamp on the Voltage Regulator, and since the update is so short, I thought I’d put together an external F stamp visual guide!
Birthday Present for the Jeep!
This week I had a few small projects, and started one big project! Since the Jeep turned 76 last week, I got ahold of an original GPW head block which I’ll be putting on the engine with the correct studs/F Bolts! This week includes PART 1 of installation! I also continued work on adding recessed head bolts, attempted to make inspector stamps for the Voltage Regulator, and more. It’s a bit of a smaller update than usual, but still some good work!
Flushing the Coolant System Part 2, TRS Shackles, and Coca Cola project!
This week’s update features Part 2 of a complete flush of the coolant system on the Jeep and the results, fitting bushings into the Torque Reaction Spring shackles, adding some more F bolts to the Jeep, adding the correct style valve caps to the tires, battery enhancements, and Part 1 of building a Coca Cola crate! Whew!
Jeep goes topless!
A week of more projects, mostly smaller things like replacing more bolts with F stamped ones. I also continue work on the fuel sender/gas gauge issues. I show how to reset Jeep circuit breakers, repaint the voltage regulator, some cool discoveries, and more! Plus some shots of the Jeep without the top!
Fuel Sender, F Bolts, Pintle Hook, First Aid Kit, & more!
Another stay-at-home week worked mostly on the Jeep! This is part 2 of my ongoing quest to fix the fuel sender and get a working gas gauge. I also finally replaced my post-war M38 pintle hook with a correct GPW one. More bolts were replaced to be F stamped, and I worked on restoring my First Aid kit for the Jeep. Finally, I start some work on the original body tub.
Lots of little projects and two major ones!
After last week’s excitement with the hood numbers, this week was a lot of work on various projects. Starting with the painting of more axle parts, replacing some bolts with F bolts, fixing the horn wire, and figuring out issues with the fuel tank sender. Lots of ‘how tos’ in this update!
E-Brake and Axle restoration continues!
This week was a bit slow, but lots of little things done including the continued restoration of the original e-brake system, lots of sandblasting, and painting/putting back together the very first part of the wartime axles!