For the past few weeks I’ve been devising a quick and easy way to enhance my Jeep, in a correct one brake light configuration, with a trailer socket plug in stop light that is easy to put on and remove without changing any existing wiring on the Jeep!
Transmission Project Continues…
After last week’s successful dismantling of the transfer case, this week I work on cleaning/painting the case to a nice OD Green! I also replaced some bushings in the T-84 transmission gears and realized some issues with another gear. Also, in this update, I show how the T-84 works in first, second, third, and reverse. Lastly, I finally found a war-time jerry can nozzle and show the differences between wartime and post-war nozzles!
Ring & Pinions, Jerry Cans, Carburetor, Eye Bolts and more!
Quite the busy week with lots of busy work on the Jeep! After two days of soaking in fuel, the NOS Ring and Pinion are clean! I continued work on the fire extinguisher decal, and finished the 1943 Jerry can! I replaced the safety strap eye bolts with correct F ones, and replaced the borrowed carburetor with a new one!
Ring & Pinion journey, Fire Extinguisher Decal, looking for more history, etc!
This week I finally saw the light of the end of the tunnel trying to acquire a ring and pinion set… which revealed a great surprise! I then attempted to find some more history on my Jeep via the body tub, more work on the Fire Extinguisher decal, and finally finding a wartime jerry can for the Jeep!
THE JEEP TURNS 76!
Today, June 26th, the Jeep turns 76! With a DOD (date of delivery) of June 26, 1944, the Jeep is another year older. This week, I added some more Ford F stamp enhancements, continue work on one of the hood clamps, more Torque Reaction Spring work, some flea market finds, and PART 3 of the Coolant System flush!
New shipment of items!
This week saw a few more little projects done, thanks to some shipments of new items! As I prepped for another major engine project, however, tragedy struck requiring an expensive replacement…
Major work done this week!
In a quest to stop the coolant leaks, I took apart the engine head to replace a gasket, quite the ordeal! Plus, restoration work was finished on the replacement Jerry Can, and the accelerator linkage was adjusted. Felt like back a few months ago during the heart of the restoration with all the work!